As said earlier, white mold can be behind a number of health problems and that counts for those problems that cause conventional symptoms of other diseases as well, so you may even confuse your condition to be caused by another disease.
Primarily, the biggest target of white mold spores on your body is the respiratory system. When there is white mold in your home, it releases off spores that are present in your surroundings.
These spores are then inhaled, once inhaled, they directly hit your respiratory system. This gives rise to problems such as:
Mold Health Risk and Signs of Mold in House
- Shortage of breath
- Lung diseases
- Persistent headaches
In most cases, these symptoms come from other diseases as well and one may continue with conventional medication. In some cases, your physician may also not realize the reason behind your medical condition.
This is downright a wrong approach because your condition is caused by mycotoxins inside your body and the condition does not get any better unless the toxins are removed.
Until you realize there is mold in your home, you go about your daily routine and are exposed to more and more mold spores. White mold spores, in this case, keep building up inside you and this leads to further problems.
It is therefore highly important that you understand the symptoms clearly and respond to your condition accordingly.
Exposure to white mold also causes throat infections, although less occasionally, if there is sufficient exposure to white mold, the symptoms can go up to your throat.
This is most probably in the case of upper respiratory tract infections. People who smoke or vape a lot are also susceptible to these symptoms. However, those smoke alongside exposure to white mold has higher chances of an infection.
A case that causes a higher probability of infection is among those individuals with a relatively weaker immune system.
A weak immune system means that the spores and toxins work faster in deteriorating your health. For those who have a weak immune system are more reactive to mold exposure and if that is the case for you then it is highly advised to stay away from places with mold spores.
You may not immediately know which places to avoid but a rule of thumb is to stay away from wet and damp places with lots of moisture and humidity and wooden places as well.
White mold or continuous exposure to spores further causes skin irritation and further health risk. The skin turns red or swollen and a rash is highly susceptible to sufficient exposure.
Mold rash can be painful and a source of bleeding too for the skin from that area. Skin diseases may also build up if the irritation and rash are not taken care of.
The skin breaks down on the spot where there is rash and if this rash is further exposed to germs and bacteria characterized as harmful, there can be an infection.
There, a simple skin rash which you may not even know is caused due to white mold may have far-fetched consequences.
Fatigue is another very important symptom of white mold poisoning which can be used to identify that the problem is due to mold spores.
Some species of white mold can also be carcinogenic and this, needless to say, leads to cancer when there is a heavy amount of exposure.
More Related: White Mold